Saturday, April 18, 2009

One week from today....

It's hard to believe I leave Italy in just one week. It is a day I have looked forward to for many, many months. I'm still very happy that we are finally moving back to the states, but moving is always difficult, no matter the circumstances. Certainly the physical aspects of moving requires A LOT of work....even though we have people come in and pack our house for us, there is still much to do to prepare....but for me, the hardest part of any move is saying goodbye to dear friends. It never gets any easier. We have many close friends here that have been like our family...we share holidays, vacations, cookouts...our kids hang out together, play sports together, have sleepovers....we go to church and PWOC together....we take road trips, we talk about everything, share stories, laughs...tears. Oh, and the wine...nothing brings friends together like a glass of wine in Italy. It's true, I hear that wine just isn't the same once you leave Italy (I'll let you know once I leave). So yes, I'm still very excited about leaving Naples, but I'm already getting that pit in my stomach about saying goodbye to friends.

No comments: