Sunday, September 23, 2007

A sign from God?

Several weeks ago, I begrudgingly submitted my application to substitute teach at the school on the military base. Anyone that has ever filled out an application to work for the federal government knows that this is no small task...it's really more of a booklet than an application. I spent days filling out the application trying to remember dates, names, addresses and details of all the places I have lived and worked in my adult life. It was very time consuming and I complained the entire time that I had no idea WHY I was even applying to substitute teach. But, I eventually completed the application booklet and submitted it to the school. The secretary told me that it would take several weeks for me to get an effective date to begin work, but assured me that I would be hired since I am a certified teacher. Several weeks have passed, so I finally called the school to find out the status of my application. After being on hold for over 5 minutes, the secretary comes back on the phone and tells me that they cannot find any record of my application. They have, in fact, lost it.

I suppose I should have been angry about this considering the amount of time I invested in my decision to even apply for the job, not to mention the time spent actually filling out the tedious forms. But I'm not angry, I'm overjoyed!!! I took this as a sure sign from God that I am not suppose to work outside my home. OK, so this wasn't one of those lightening bolt moments when you know for a fact that God is speaking to your heart, but it was all the sign I needed to not continue on my quest for a job (at least while we live in Italy)!!

Bring on our baby...she has a stay-at-home mommy waiting for her!!!

No comments: