Thursday, December 18, 2008

Scared of Santa...and others....

Hannah was just a little scared of Santa...by little I mean she screamed, clung to Matt for dear life, and would not even look at him let alone sit on his lap...and that's quite normal. Most babies are scared of a fat man with a white beard and bright red clothes (even some moms are a little frightened by the creepy Santas, right Portia?) But being the good mommy that I am, I took the picture anyway. It's always a great conversation piece for when they are older. I have both Alex & Tara's screaming Santa pictures, so I had to have one of Hannah also.




So Santa fear I get, but explain this one:

Today I was standing in the long line at the bank and Hannah was sitting in the little toy section they have in the bank lobby. She could see me perfectly and she was quite content sitting there playing while I waited. The place was crowded with lots of people coming and going. Then this little old lady walked in and sat down in a chair next to where Hannah was playing, but the lady didn't look at Hannah or talk to her. Hannah took one look at her and screamed the same scream she gave when she got near Santa. She ran to me crying and clung to me for dear life. She was terrified of this little old lady. Ok, so the lady wasn't the most attractive person I've seen, but she wasn't sporting a white beard or anything. And she didn't try to talk to her or hold her, but Hannah was scared nonetheless. I ended up just leaving because to me it was obvious that she was scared of the lady and I didn't want to offend her. So what's this all about? We have to work on this fear of old people. How will I ever be able to take her to Wal-Mart in the states???

1 comment:

Portia Cason said...

First of all, how old is that Santa? 22? That's a great picture of Hannah though. Gorgeous as ever!

Also, I think Hannah just has the good sense to stay away from Santa and old people. I know I do.