Sunday, September 21, 2008

Scars from the battlefield...i.e. the skatepark




Alex has become quite the skateboarding enthusiast. I'm not overly thrilled with the sport as I know we are likely to spend some time in the E.R. because of some attempt to nail the quarter pike (or something along those lines). Thankfully, Alex's first battlefield scar didn't result in any broken bones, but he did get literally knocked unconscious and had a bump the size of a golf ball on his eye. Now it has turned a rather nice shade of blue, black and purple. Once he regained consciousness and realized he was going to live, he could hardly wait to go back outside (minus the skateboard) to show off his battle scars. Over a week later the bruise remains, all in time for school pictures tomorrow.

Oh, and for the record, Alex wanted me to take these pictures. After all, they serve as great proof for any doubting skaters as to the extent of his injury.

2 comments:

Allen and Dawn said...

I think Caleb and Alex will get along fine. Caleb also loves skateboarding and so far, no injuries. His best friend, however, did break his arm in August. I'm sure the boys will have fun snowboarding, then swimming in the evening. I'm looking forward to it.

Anonymous said...

Would you believe I've told your story many times lately...remember the one in Germany when Alex fell on the bank floor...and the ER doctor said"My!That is quite a goose egg!" But she wasn't looking at the LATEST injury...He is SOOO gonna outlive the skate park!!These pictures reminded me of that...