Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our last stop

We have arrived in Guangzhou...our last stop on our adoption journey in China. All of the paperwork is complete for the Chinese part of our adoption...as far as China is concerned she is officially ours!! Now we have to get her visa so that she can travel to the United States. We get the visa at the American Consulate here in Guangzhou.

Today we had the required, routine medical exam...it was a quick in-and-out process. We didn't ask questions and the doctor didn't offer any opinions on Hannah's health. Let's just say they won't win any customer service awards at the adoption clinic. We didn't really expect to gain any information...we will have a thorough medical exam done when we return to Italy. This exam was just all part of the process.

The hotel here is fabulous and we are so happy to have a change of scenery. Six nights in Nanning was more than enough! Tonight we had dinner with our friends from Naples (Jay, Portia, Mary and Ben) and now we are getting ready to call it a night. It was a long day...we started with an early morning flight and have been on the go all day. Tomorrow it is more sightseeing and SHOPPING!!

I know many of you have sent me emails and I have not replied. The internet connection at our last hotel was terrible and half the time I could read the email, but I would lose the connection before I could reply. So if I haven't replied I will try again in the next few days. I appreciate all the emails, prayers, comments, support, and kind words. Hard to believe this journey is coming to an end...well, the China portion anyway. This is only the beginning of our life as Hannah's parents. Now we are looking forward to getting her home with Alex and Tara so that we can all be together. We miss Alex and Tara so much and can't wait to see them. They are going to love their little sister and I know she will adore and love them.

No comments: