Monday, July 21, 2008

Life with a baby....again!

Ok, I know the real reason everyone checks this blog is for the pictures, and I will try and post some very soon. I haven't taken any new pictures lately because I lost my camera, but I found it yesterday so now I have no excuses. Now I just have to get Hannah to cooperate, which is not always easy for an active 15 month old baby!

Life with a baby is so very different for me, but I am enjoying every second (all right, maybe not EVERY second, but you get the idea). Hannah is an absolute sweetheart. She is showing more and more of her personality every day. Everyone here is simply amazed at what a different baby she is from even one week ago. She is officially walking now, which means she is constantly on the go. She is into everything and loves exploring her new world. She is smiling all the time, laughing and beginning to display her strong will and determination to have it her way! She is like a sponge absorbing all that is going on around her. She loves to imitate people and even has her own way of teasing each one of us. She is the center of attention and seems to be loving every minute of it. She certainly has us all head over heels in love with her.

I can't even begin to explain the range of emotions we feel in finally having our daughter. I have moments of sheer happiness and moments of extreme grief and sadness for thinking of all that she has lost. Sometimes I look at her in complete and utter amazement that we were chosen to be her parents. I continually thank God that we have been so blessed to have a healthy, smart, beautiful, happy little girl. And not just Hannah...we are also blessed with two equally healthy, smart, beautiful and happy biological children. We have had a child by cesarean section, naturally and by adoption. We wouldn't have it any other way. All three of them arrived in our family by God's plan. All three of our children our equally ours by His grace. All three of them are equally loved by us and by Him. Sometimes it takes something small to make us realize how big our God really is. For us, it came in a little 20 lb. body with black hair, black eyes and a million dollar smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marla,

I am so happy for you and I cannot wait to meet Hannah.

Patty