Friday, June 6, 2008

We have travel dates!!!

It has been a roller coaster week with the ups and downs of waiting on FINAL travel confirmation, but we can finally say that plane tickets are purchased and WE ARE GOING TO CHINA!!!

Here is our itinerary:

June 13 Arrive in Oklahoma
June 24 Depart Oklahoma for China
June 25 Arrive in Beijing
June 26, 27, 28 Sightseeing in Beijing
June 29 Fly to Nanning, China
June 30 GET HANNAH!!!!!!!!!! She will stay with us for the rest of the trip!
July 1, 2, 3, 4 stay in Nanning, China
July 5 Depart for Guangzhou, China
July 6, 7, 8, 9 stay in Guangzhou (this is where the U.S. Consulate is located)
July 10 Return to Oklahoma with Hannah (and with my niece, EMILY---more on that later)
July 19 Matt leaves for Italy
August 6 Marla, Alex, Tara AND Hannah leave for Italy

The Beijing portion of the trip was optional. At first we didn't want to go to Beijing and do the whole sightseeing/tourist thing. But in the end we decided "why not"??? We might as well wait for her in China as wait in Oklahoma. There are several other families doing the Beijing trip so we will be with a travel group. It should be fun and the days will probably go by quickly.

Another exciting turn of events is that we will be traveling home with my niece, Emily, who is spending six weeks in China working with her cousins (from her other side of the family) who live in China. We believe it was truly a God thing that we were able to return on the same day and the exact same flight. I told my sister that it assures me that His plans are far greater than any of my plans!

22 days till Hannah!

2 comments:

The Ferris Family said...

Its about time! Been praying for you guys! Hope you get to see Jay and Portia in Guangzhou! Halleluiah God is good! Please let me know if you are coming through Chicago...I will meet you at the airport! Miss you guys!
Lynz and Joe
Noah,Lala, Habtamu and Hanna

Mike, Meg and Willow Robertson said...

YEAY GOD!!! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to meet her and I'll try not to cry too much. I know I'll see you before you go, but know we are praying for you.
Blessings,
Meg and Mike